Monday, November 11, 2013

"Purple Rain" - Ankara Circle Skirt

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder."
Hello everyone!

Hope you had a great weekend. As much as I did, boy, am I glad it's Monday!

My post today is about my outfit of the day from yesterday. I wore a midi circle skirt that I made last week using a purple and cream colored Ankara. The fabric is in two pieces of 3 yards: one half is more purple than cream, and the other half is more cream than purple. For this skirt, I used some fabric from the half that is more purple than cream. I've had this fabric for so long, and just like all my other Ankara fabric, it was given to me as a gift. So, I don't know where you would get this from.

Unlike the last circle skirt I made a few weeks ago, this one was a bit longer (considering the weather, it was necessary, as well as classy), had a pocket on one side, and a zipper on the other. What I like about circle skirts is that they are super easy to make! I made the skirt without a pattern in about 3-4 hours total, from cut to finish, without any previous planning. Yea, it's that easy. Maybe some day, I'll do a video tutorial...if I ever get the time!

I wore it to church with a cream colored sweater and shoes. I decided to try a purple lipstick for the first time. It's a little darker than I'm used to, but I think I like it. It is fall, afterall.

Let me know what you think of the look. Leave a comment below!

Have a lovely week ahead!









8 comments :

  1. Ô girl i wish i knew how to use my sewing machine the way you do. That skirt is beautiful, and the color is perfect

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Circle skirks are so fun and versatile, and they are one of the easiest things to make! Maybe I'll do a tutorial someday.

      Delete
  2. you look lovely and i like your ankara prints and colour.

    ezechimereuchenna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That lipstick!!! Please get back to using it. :D

    -Le Manager

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, my "anonymous manager"! Lol!
      I haven't used that lip-liner/lipstick combination since, but I will definitely consider it again. Thank you!

      Delete

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink