Friday, January 17, 2014

"Grid Lock" - Midi Ankara Pencil Skirt

My Style Oasis, Ankara Pencil Skirt

Hi y'all!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week so far. I know it has been a while since my last outfit post, and I apologize for the momentary break in transmission...lol.

Today's post is about an Ankara pencil skirt I made about a couple of weeks ago. I used the skirt portion of the Angela Kane Pinafore Dress pattern I used a couple of months ago. This pattern is so versatile: it can be used together to make a dress, seperately to make a top and a skirt, or as a basis for other creative looks. I definitely plan on using it a lot more. For this skirt, I added a waistband, about 4 inches to the hem, and an element of surprise, but I'll save that detail for a later blogpost. I'll be featuring this skirt again very soon. So, stay tuned!

I made this skirt using some Ankara fabric sent to me by my mom a while ago. There was only about 1½ yards of it, and I'm glad that was all I needed to make this cute midi pencil skirt. I love the fit, and the lining makes it feel even more amazing.

For a casual chic look, I paired it with a chambray top, gold accessories, and black pumps.

Have a fabulous weekend!













Super Easy DIY Gold Chain Necklace
(If you all are interested, let me know, and I'll do a blog post about it).

 Top: Thrifted  //  Skirt: DIY  //  Necklace: DIY  //  Shoes: Burlington Coat Factory


12 comments :

  1. I love your hair n' your skirt!
    *Besos*
    Http://www.cmichellestyles.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your style!
    fashionattitudebyraych.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful skirt! Very cute style

    thatsmychic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the skirt..it is so me. You shd open up shop :-)
    http://kazinidaily.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The skirt is beautiful. You look lovely too

    www.fraternalsworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink