Sunday, February 09, 2014

"Peplum & Pencil" - DIY Peplum Top & Revamped Ankara Pencil Skirt



My Style Oasis, Ankara Pencil Skirt


“Don't shine so others can see you.
Shine so that through you, others can see HIM.”
~ C.S. Lewis ~







 





Blouse: DIY  //  Skirt: DIY (see post here)  //  Head tie/Gele: Previously owned (similar here)  //  Shoes: Burlington


Remember when I told you all that my Ankara Pencil Skirt had a surprise element to it? Well, here it is!
I originally made the skirt with a pleated slit in front and a contrasting yellow cotton fabric to make it stand out. In my previous post about it, I hand-stitched the slit together. Had I thought about it sooner, I would have made the slit with an invisible zipper so I can open and close it as I please. Oh, well. Now, I have one more reason to make another pencil skirt.

I wore it to church last Sunday with a cute yellow peplum blouse I made last week
(New Look 6124 with several modifications and alterations; I may do a blog post about it later).

I tied my head tie/gele with the help of my new social media friend, Chineye (known as @chicgele on Instagram). You can watch the video tutorial here. Also, check out her YouTube Channel: ChiChiChikito, and her website: www.ChicGele.com.

At first, it was a bit difficult to tie because the gele I had was too big (and too hard/stiff), but with the advise of my mom, I cut it in half lengthwise, and that worked out better.
Wishing you a wonderful week ahead!

10 comments :

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink