Friday, March 21, 2014

"Off-Centered" - DIY Denim & Ankara Crop Top & Pencil Skirt











 



















Crop Top & Skirt: DIY  ||  Necklace: Mart of China  ||  Shoes: Burlington


I decided to step outside the box and be a little creative. So, after several alterations and modifications on my go-to skirt pattern and a simple crew neck top pattern, I arrived at this one-of-a-kind outfit. I used some stretch denim and some Ankara/African Print Fabric. At first I wasn't sure to combine the fabrics, but I took a chance, and it worked! And I love it! I'm just not sure where I'll be wearing this to! Lol!

Have a lovely weekend!

13 comments :

  1. Loove love love!!!! This looks so gorgeous! At first, I thought it was regular navy blue fabric but I was pleasantly surprised to see denim in the close-up pictures! And those darts...is that what they are called? (The lines at the back of the skirt in Picture 7?) I LOVE them! I think it enhances the overall look & fit.
    Can I be next in line for this style? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks! Yes, they're called darts. Yes, they do make all the difference in the fitting of a garment! And yes, you can be next in line! Lol! Just let me know!

      Delete
  2. Yes honey to this entire look!! What I wouldn't give to be tall and statuesque like you! And the hair is soooo cute :) Loves it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...Thanks, Brittany! I saw those curves in your birthday post! You have a beautiful figure too! ;-)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, Shandrese & Natalia! And thanks for stopping by my blog! Your blog is very lovely!

      Delete
  4. I am so in love with this look. You really do inspire me to learn how to sew...Absolutely lovely dear...

    www.thepinkjoy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This outfit is wonderful.
    You look Fab !

    http://wardrobeofglutonny.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This outfit is everything! I want :') !
    But really, the cut is amazing and the denim detail is so fetch !

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink