Monday, August 08, 2016

"Seeing Circles" - Button Down Side-Slit Ankara Tunic

My Style Oasis, Button Down Side-Slit Ankara Tunic

So, I've been sitting on this Ankara fabric for quite some time. My mom sent it to me almost 2 years ago, and after tossing around several ideas in my mind on what to make with it, I finally settled on this sleeveless button-down tunic. Easy to throw on and still look chic at a moment's notice...because that's what moms do!

Happy Monday!


My Style Oasis, Button Down Side-Slit Ankara Tunic


My Style Oasis, Button Down Side-Slit Ankara Tunic



My Style Oasis, Button Down Side-Slit Ankara Tunic

My Style Oasis, Button Down Side-Slit Ankara Tunic

My Style Oasis, Button Down Side-Slit Ankara Tunic My Style Oasis, Button Down Side-Slit Ankara Tunic

My Style Oasis, Button Down Side-Slit Ankara Tunic

My Style Oasis, Button Down Side-Slit Ankara Tunic

My Style Oasis, Button Down Side-Slit Ankara Tunic

My Style Oasis, Button Down Side-Slit Ankara Tunic

My Style Oasis, Button Down Side-Slit Ankara Tunic

 

My Style Oasis, Button Down Side-Slit Ankara Tunic

TunicDIY (New Look 6232)  |  JeggingsSimilar here  |  HeelsCharlotte Russe (similar here; love these)


I've been loving the button down look lately. I was inspired by this button-down shirt, and I found the perfect pattern for it in my stash. I used New Look 6232, cut View A in size Medium, and made the following alterations:

- Added 10 inches to the length 
- Eliminated the sleeves
- Raised the armholes by 1 inch, and used bias to finish them
- Added a slit to each side by leaving each side open from the waist line
- Made the hem "rounder"

I love this look, and this pattern was pretty easy to make. I actually have a couple more fabrics cut using this pattern in different variations. So you'll be seeing more of it before the summer's over!


P.s.: I'm loving the new "Stories" feature on Instagram. Follow along to catch snippets of my everyday life!

Have a lovely week ahead!


Thanks for stopping by!

xo

Instagram  |  Twitter  |  YouTube  |  Shop

2 comments :

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink