Thursday, September 01, 2016

Back-To-School: 5 Tips To Have a Stress-Free Morning

Back-To-School Tips, 5 Tips To Have a Stress-Free Morning

 Hello and Happy New Month!

School started on Monday, and it's hard to believe that my first-born is now in first grade!

With three little ones, it can be tough to stay on track in the mornings. To be frank, I'm not really a morning person, so having things organized has helped make mornings a bit more bearable. Here are a few tips that have helped me get into a routine that prevents chaos and confusion every morning.


Back-To-School Tips, 5 Tips To Have a Stress-Free Morning

 

 

 

*** 5 Tips To Have a Stress-Free Morning ***

1. Set out clothes for school the night before.
Usually, for the first couple of weeks of school, I set out outfits for the entire week! (Yay me!) After that, well, let's just say, I'm not as enthusiastic! Haha!
If you can set out outfits for the entire week, it'll definitely save you time and effort when trying to get out of the house in the mornings. If you can't do the whole week, take it one day at a time. I have a designated hang space for all her school uniform pieces, so at the very least, I'm not rummaging through all her clothes to find what she'll wear to school. I can just go to that section and pick out the clothing items to put together an outfit for the following school day.




2. Prepare snacks/lunch the night before.
Just like with her school uniform, I like to make her snacks/lunch the night before, so it's ready to grab and go in the morning.
In Kindergarten, she only had a half-day, so I only had to worry about snacks. This year, she's in school all day, and so she needs lunch. I've recently been watching a few videos on YouTube to get ideas of cute, easy-to-make lunches (I love the ideas in these videos herehere. and here). I'd still love to get some more fun lunch ideas. So, please leave a comment below. Thanks! Here are a couple lunches from the first week of school:

Back-To-School Tips, 5 Tips To Have a Stress-Free Morning, Back-To-School Lunch Ideas Back-To-School Tips, 5 Tips To Have a Stress-Free Morning, Back-To-School Lunch Ideas


3. Make sure backpacks and shoes remain in a constant place.
As soon as she gets back from school, I ensure that my daughter places her backpack and shoes in the "right place" (that's actually the term my son uses now - Ha!) so I know they'll be there in the morning. My son, who isn't even in school yet, is already an expert at this. That's the power of discipline!

Baby wipes keep these whites looking white!

4. Have easy-to-make breakfast.
Makes the morning routine so much easier when you don't have to to think about what you're going to feed your little one. My daughter loves the ready-to-eat Belgium waffles I purchase from my local Giant store. Cereal and GoldenMorn also works. I recently purchased this "magic tap" which will allow the kids to dispense milk on their own (it's supposedly shipping from China, so it might take a while to get here). For pancakes, I make the pancake mix the night before and put it in the fridge, so it's ready to go in the morning.



5. Have a checklist by the door
Just incase you're sometimes a scatter-brain like me (3 small children can have that effect on you! Haha!), having a checklist by the door ensures that I didn't forget anything. I found one online and edited it to fit our routine. You can do the same, or you can make yours from scratch.

Back-To-School Tips, 5 Tips To Have a Stress-Free Morning

Looking forward to making new memories this school year!


Major shoutout to the Community Outreach department of our home church, RCCG Love Assembly! They purchased the ENTIRE school supplies needed for the start of school for ALL the children!!! How amazing! May God bless and reward you all abundantly! In Jesus' name - Amen!

 


Thanks for stopping by!

xo

Instagram  |  Twitter  |  YouTube  |  Shop

2 comments :

  1. Chin nne! You're doing so well with these posts! Gosh I've been reading them from my email that's why I barely make it here. Just dropping by to share some love. Congratulations on OUR :P first born being in first grade! That's huge! And well done on the discipline. I see your baby is also a very happy little girl.
    Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...Thanks, Emem! I thank God oh; it's all because of Him!
    Yes, Adanna is growing up fast! I remember that picture of you and her taken in our living room a few years ago, the one she was wearing those "fake glasses".... She was so tiny! We've come a long way, to the glory of God!
    Thanks for the support! I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink