Thursday, September 15, 2016

Lace & Crotchet...And Motherhood


Cooler mornings, longer nights...I guess fall is here!







 



Top: c/o SheIn  |  Pants: Thrifted  |  Belt: Thrifted (similar)  |  Heels: Burlington (similar)


I've been thinking a lot lately about the kind of mom I am to my children. And I've come to the conclusion that I'm probably not considered a "cool mom" by others. If you've seen me in discipline mode with my kids, you'll know what I mean. As Nigerians would say, I don't tolerate nonsense. But as strict as I am, I do have a soft side with my kids, a side that many people may not see in public. I love to cuddle, laugh, play, and converse with them. Interesting conversations, I should add.
For example:

Me: Adanna! Jideobi! Come and eat!

Jideobi: Ok!

Adanna: I'm not hungry, mommy. 

Jideobi: I'm not hungry, mommy. (He tends to mimic his sister A LOT.)

I proceeded to sit at the table with Jideobi, because I knew he was hungry. After about a minute, when she saw that both Jideobi and I were eating happily, she sits at the table too.

Adanna: Mommy?

Me: Yes, Adanna?

Adanna: I'm hungry...

Me: I thought you said you weren't hungry...

Adanna: Well, God said if I don't eat, I'll die!


"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." 
- Proverbs 22:6 (KJV)

My prayer is that my children will be raised by both my hubby and I the way God wants them to be raised in order for them to fulfill their purpose in life. If it means that my children will turn out to be better in life, then I don't mind being the "bad guy."


Thanks for stopping by!

xo

Instagram  |  Twitter  |  YouTube  |  Shop

3 comments :

  1. Love this outfit! The trousers are so cool, love the detail on the crochet blouse and the touch of character added by the belt.
    Princess Audu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! The outfit has a vintage vibe to it, of which I know you're a huge fan!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. loving the textures in this outfit <3

    http://www.ann-u.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink